> > Then... I start again with my first question. there?s a good way to
> > generate entropy??? [Suppose that the machine who generates the key will
> > not have much interrupts because anybody are in front of the keyboard to
> > generate it]
>
> Robert M Love has put together some patches for the Linux kernel to add
> network interfaces to the device drivers that generate entropy for the
> random pool: http://www.tech9.net/rml/linux/  Note that this is of
> debatable value; since network traffic may be seen or even controlled by
> attackers, it may or may not add real entropy to the pool. You need to
> decide for yourself if this is a concern.

I believe[0] you can write to /dev/random and /dev/urandam to increase the
entropy contained in them.  Of course, you should only write data that
is of equivalent entropy to them.  Sending non-random data to /dev/random
defeats the purpose entirely.

One option is to take data from an external random source, such as
hotbits[1] or lavarnd[2] when it goes back online.

[0] I have heard this, but have not verified this myself through an
    actual code review.

[1] http://www.fourmilab.ch/hotbits/

[2] http://www.lavarnd.org/

--
Brian Hatch                  We waste time so
   Systems and                you don't have to.

Every message PGP signed