Hello Mike (and all),

I'm so pleased you enjoyed the song I posted. It is great to hear that
the music can cross continents and resonate with people around the
world. I've been lurking on this list for quite a while! Yes, I'm in
Australia - in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. The song is actually
one of my own. We are not a group. I'm a solo singer/songwriter and
Chloe and Jason Roweth are a fine duo over here who perform in their own
right and have a solid following in our folk scene. We don't often
perform together but they play on the CDs and Chloe sings backing. I've
been very lucky as the sound of the 3 of us together has worked well.
The songs on my website are only samples. A lot of the songs I write
have come from an interest in history and a grounding in traditional
music, like this full version song about Ludwig Leichhardt, one of a
number of famous Australian explorers who set out to discover the
interior of Australia and mysteriously disappeared while exploring. The
song is called Dreaming With Open Eyes.
http://soundcloud.com/undercovermusic/dreaming-with-open-eyes-jim
You can actually here further samples on itunes if you want to get a
better idea of more songs.

Thanks again for the kind words,
Jim

--- In folksingers@yahoogroups.com, "Michael & Linda Marmer"
<mlmarmer@...> wrote:

 > Hi Jim,
 > What a great song, thanks for sending.
 >
 > I got it on for the second time.
 >
 > Amazing how much talent we don’t know about.
 >
 > I think you help this duo get some new fans.
 >
 > Are you in Australia?
 >
 > If not how did you come across this song/group?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional