Hello Mike (and all),

I'm so pleased you enjoyed the song I posted. It is great to hear that
the music can cross continents and resonate with people around the
world. I've been lurking on this list for quite a while! Yes, I'm in
Australia - in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. The song is actually
one of my own. We are not a group. I'm a solo singer/songwriter and
Chloe and Jason Roweth are a fine duo over here who perform in their own
right and have a solid following in our folk scene. We don't often
perform together but they play on the CDs and Chloe sings backing. I've
been very lucky as the sound of the 3 of us together has worked well.
The songs on my website are only samples. A lot of the songs I write
have come from an interest in history and a grounding in traditional
music, like this full version song about Ludwig Leichhardt, one of a
number of famous Australian explorers who set out to discover the
interior of Australia and mysteriously disappeared while exploring. The
song is called Dreaming With Open Eyes.
http://soundcloud.com/undercovermusic/dreaming-with-open-eyes-jim
You can actually here further samples on itunes if you want to get a
better idea of more songs.

Thanks again for the kind words,
Jim

Hi Jim,

I had to go to a new email, as I could not respond back, since the type would
be too small.  Eye issues, long story.  LOL

I am glad you did, post that song of yours, as I have no problem, as list
owner, if one wants to post what group they are in, as this is the way we learn
of new music.  And besides, I have blood relatives in your country I learn 2
years ago.

American Folk music is big in Europe by the way.

The song is great, you have a nice voice.  I gather this was at a train station
in 1838, as I am into trains too.  Again, as I wrote a day or two ago, songs
keep the memory of things alive as I never knew of that incident, but I am sure
many of your citizens near heard of that incident too.

Many folk singers do what you do with the songs, as Stan Rogers a Canadian
wrote many songs about Canada, as he has written many songs about the Maritimes
and the fishing industry, as he was writing songs for the western part of the
country.  Stan died in a plane fire sadly at age 33 or so.  Garnet his brother
goes on, as we are great fans of him.

I put you down on my list of CDs to get as there is so much talent out there!
Keep up the good work, keep us informed on the music scene in your country and
tell us about other groups you know of.

I will write a email about Stan for you later to the list.

Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: