Thanks for bumping this -- I'd forgotten to reply.

On Apr 18, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Dan Amelang wrote:

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Cornelius Toole
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for making this available.

I'm trying to build the tcp example under idst/function/examples2 and I'm missing the header file: sys/sockio.h . I'm building on an ubuntu box, but apt-file isn't giving me any info as to what package for which that file is included. Google isn't giving me anything useful either. Where can I find
that header?

It seems like sys/sockio.h is a header for the FreeBSD kernel source, but maybe those interfaces are provided in another header like sys/ ioctl? I
found a HP developer page alluding to that.

Hi Cornelius,

The code in NetworkPseudoInterface.st is not (meant to be?) portable.

That's absolutely right. I have zero experience with tunnelling and was under demo pressure to make something that worked. Dan is certainly right about there being very little to a version for Linux or Solaris, unfortunately I can't even begin to guess what the 'very litte' might contain on those platforms. Google was my primary source of information/inspiration when putting together the BSD-only version, and I suspect the code is probably even specific to Darwin. I'd love for someone who knows more about this than me to make the code portable, or to post versions of it that work on other platforms that I will integrate and commit. Thanks!

Cheers,
Ian