On Jun 13, 2011, at 22:03 , David Barbour wrote:

> I think some recent work by Sean McDirmid may be of interest to the FoNC
> audience.
>
> Coding at the Speed of Touch
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4257
>
> This paper describes a programming language with a tile-based development
> environment designed for use in tablets. The 'type system', such as it
> exists, involves constraints on which tiles can peacefully coexist, and is
> used to achieve intelligent suggestions. The language itself is
> prototype-based and describes 'continuous' behaviors suitable for animating
> characters in a simulation or game. There's a lot of interesting variety for
> everyone.

This reminds me of (and makes me miss) Prograph. I LOVED that language, esp the
visual modularity and the object system. And it could be so much more now since
the visual dataflow programming implied automatic parallelization.

http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrographLanguage

for some visual idea: http://andescotia.com/products/marten/

also some pictures on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prograph