On 25 July 2011 16:16, Julian Leviston <jul...@leviston.net> wrote:

> On 26/07/2011, at 12:03 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
> Interestingly that many today's trendy and popular things (which we
> know today as web) were invented as a temporary solution without any
> systematic approach.
> I think that i will be right by saying that most of these technologies
> (like PHP, Javascript, Ruby, Sendmail etc) is a result of random
> choice instead making planning and a deep study of problem field
> before doing anything.
> And that's why no surprise, they are failing to grow.
> And now, people trying to fill the gaps in those technologies with
> security, scalability and so on.. Because they are now well
> established standards.. while originally was not meant to be used in
> such form from the beginning.
>

> Wow... really? PHP, JavaScript, Ruby and Sendmail are the result of random
> choice?

Random. Because how something , which was done to satisfy minute needs
(i wanna script some interactions, so lets do it quick),
could grow into something mature without solid foundation?
If conceptual flaw is there from the very beginning, how you can "fix" it?

Here what author says about JS:

JS had to “look like Java” only less so, be Java’s dumb kid brother or
boy-hostage sidekick. Plus, I had to be done in ten days or something
worse than JS would have happened
Brendan Eich

Apparently a missing systematical approach then strikes back, once it
deployed, became popular and used by millions..

> Javascript, PHP, Ruby and Sendmail failing to grow? Seriously? What do you
> mean by grow? It can't surely be popularity...

Grow not in popularity of course.
Grow in serving our needs.

> Julian.

Best regards,