"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

George Santayana, who, in his Reason in Common Sense, The Life of Reason,
Vol.1

This certainly rings true in computer science.  Great things were done in
the 60s and 70s which we seem to ignore.  The Burroughs machines B5000 ...,
SketchPad, Smalltalk, Self, ...

I am always amazed that microcomputers revisted all the sins of computers
and minicomputers (segmented memory, ...), and newer software seems to be
just a new layering of jargon.

Good design requires a good knowledge of history, great design needs more.

Fonc appears to be a refreshing in depth look at what we are doing.

David