Michael Haupt wrote:
> Am 06.09.2011 um 13:49 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
>
> In the latest Squeak alpha you can drag any slot from one inspector onto any
> slot of another inspector, replacing the object in it.
>

> indeed. That is cool. :-DAlmost like arrow dragging in Self, only without the
> arrows.

Fantastic! I was going to say that I probably wasn't paying as much
attention to the squeak-dev commit messages if I had missed this, but
then saw that this change went in today.

Morphic in Self tried to reinforce the idea that the visual
representation of an object on the screen was the real thing. So if you
asked for an outliner for an object and there was already one being
shown, you got that one instead of a new one. Of course, having a
separate outliner view and a morphic view ruined this and we had
interesting discussions about how to solve that but never did anything
about it. So the arrows were important to allow the same morph or
outliner to pop up in a new place without really going missing from its
old place.

Since Morphic in Squeak has a different model (you can have as many
inspectors as you want on the same object) I don't think the arrows
would be as important.

-- Jecel