Tomasz Rola wrote:

Oh, I mean, yes, everybody can learn to program, but how many have any
kind of their own ideas for their own programs? Of all Lego (ab)users, how
many build their own constructs while the rest is content with copying
stuff? Of all literate humans, how many have something interesting to say,
worthy of saving on a piece of paper?

I was pretty serious when I suggested HyperCard. The amount of stuff that people, particularly educators, wrote in HyperCard was rather amazing. As a dirt-simple user-oriented authoring/programming environment, spreadsheets are probably the only place where you'll find more user-generated code.