From: fonc-boun...@vpri.org [mailto:fonc-boun...@vpri.org] On Behalf Of Loup
Vaillant
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:40 AM
To: fonc@vpri.org
Subject: Re: [fonc] How it is

Pascal J. Bourguignon a écrit :
> The problem is not the sources of the message.  It's the receiptors.

Even if it's true, it doesn't help.  Unless you see that as an advice to just
give up, that is.

Assuming we _don't_ give up, who can we reach even those that won't listen?  I
only have two answers: trick them, or force them.  Most probably a
killer-something, followed by the revelation that it uses some alien
technology.  Now the biggest roadblock is making the alien tech not scary
("alien technology" is already bad in this respect).

An example of a killer-something might be a Raspberry-Pi shipped with a
self-documented Frank-like image.  By self-documented, I mean something more
than emacs.  I mean something filled with tutorials about how to implement,
re-implement, and customise every part of the system.

And it must be aimed at children.  Unlike most adults, they can get past C-like
syntax.

Loup.