From: fonc-boun...@vpri.org [mailto:fonc-boun...@vpri.org] On Behalf Of David
Barbour
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:05 AM
To: Fundamentals of New Computing
Subject: Re: [fonc] Final STEP progress report abandoned?

Life is, in some ways, less "messy" than binary. At least less fragile. DNA
cannot encode absolute offsets, for example. Closer to associative memory.

In any case, we want to reach useful solutions quickly. Life doesn't evolve at
a scale commensurate with human patience, despite having vastly more
parallelism and memory. So we need to design systems more efficient, and
perhaps more specialized, than life.