On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Chris Warburton
<chriswa...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I think a quite modest improvement would be more powerful
> calculators.

Smart phones? :)

(But seriously.)

Honestly, one of the things I would really want in a "more powerful
calculator" is a powerful array of sensors that can turn parts of my
environment into usable numbers. What is the distance between these two
trees? What is the GPS coordinate? What chemicals are detected in the area?

Even better if this happened all the time, so I can ask questions about
recent events. Unfortunately, we lack the energy technologies for it.
(Storage is much less an issue; we have lots of storage, and useful
exponential decay and compression models to remove the boring stuff.)