DV> I am installing xfstt (TrueType Fonts Server for X)

Dear Daniel,

Xfstt (no relation to xfsft) is completely independent of XFree86.  We
are unable to help you with it; a posting to a relevant Usenet
newsgroup may be more useful.

Please note that XFree86 4.0 and later have native support for TrueType
fonts.  While XFree86 4.0 should be able to use xfstt, it may be
simpler to just use the native support.  Please see the
``README.fonts'' document that came with your copy of XFree86 for more
information.

DV> c++ -g -Wall -pedantic  -DMAGNIFY=0 -c TTFont.cpp

DV> TTFont.cpp:347: cannot convert 'void *' to 'char *' in assignment

Try removing ``-pedantic'' from the compiler's flags.

Regards,

                                        Juliusz