Kaixo!

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:26:38AM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> As of late, the ttmkfdir program that we ship has been causing me
> some grief.  I understand that Mandrake and Debian both ship an
> alternative ttmkfdir, and am investigating wether we should also

The reason I use an old ttmkfdir program in Mandrake is because I need
to recognize and generate XLFD names for various charset encodings
we support; and I find it easier to do by editing and recompiling
a small program independent of XFree86 than having to rebuild XFree86
itself.

It would be better to have a ttmkfdir that would read from external config
files the encodings it recognizes, and things like that.

> I'd like to have one utility that just plain works if possible
> rather than have to ship one that handles some types of fonts and
> another that only works with other fonts.

All ttmkfdir around there don't read the same fonts ?
I thought the main differences were on the output only.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/            PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975