As of late, the ttmkfdir program that we ship has been causing me
some grief.  I understand that Mandrake and Debian both ship an
alternative ttmkfdir, and am investigating wether we should also
ship one of the alternatives.

Does someone have a complete list of all of the potential
ttmkfdir implementations avail, and what the
advantages/disadvantages of a given copy are?

I'd like to have one utility that just plain works if possible
rather than have to ship one that handles some types of fonts and
another that only works with other fonts. Especially important
IMHO is compatibility with other distributions.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

General open IRC discussion:    #xfree86 on irc.openprojects.net