Hi,

If you have any clue about using CID-keyed fonts in PS, I'd appreciate your help in answering the following questions (I have little or no knowledge about PostScript):

1. Assuming resident fonts are stored on disk in a printer in directories ops3-dmn/data/fonts and ops3-dmn/PSdisk0/fonts (where fonts can be downloaded). And that Oak PS interpreter is used. If I have an Adobe CID-Keyed font with CIDFont Ryumin-Light and CMap UniJIS-UTF8-H, where should I put these 2 elements (I assume that's all I need) in the existing font directories so that the interpreter knows where to grab?

2. Below is a postscript file used for testing purpose. Highlighted in red is I believe should be specified for the CID-keyed font name (/DBF) and the UTF8 hex rep of a Jap character ス  for a field (/JSV).

Trial and error failed and there seems to have no examples on what I should do to make it happen. I find no clues from documents in Adobe site. Would appreciate your comment. Thanks.

Will

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%% set up the header
% draw a page, takes location of lower left corner in x,y coordinates
% + gray level
%
  /DBF /Ryumin-Light--UniJIS-UTF8-H def
  /JSV <e382b9> def
  /JNV (j n) def
  /UNV (u n) def
  /DV (d t) def
  /JCV (j c) def

currentdict dup /DBF known {DBF} {pop /Helvetica-Bold} ifelse findfont

dup length dict begin
{1 index /FID ne {def} {pop pop} ifelse} forall
/Encoding ISOLatin1Encoding def
currentdict
end
/BannerFont-ISOLatin1 exch definefont pop

% Draw the gray box at the top of the page.

180 774 moveto
252 0 rlineto
0 -14 rlineto
-252 0 rlineto
closepath
.85 setgray fill
0 setgray

/BannerFont-ISOLatin1 findfont 10 scalefont setfont
currentdict
       437 761 moveto
       dup /UNV known {UNV show} if

/BannerFont-ISOLatin1 findfont 32 scalefont setfont
currentdict
       180 689 moveto
       dup /JSV known {JSV show} if

/BannerFont-ISOLatin1 findfont 18 scalefont setfont
currentdict
       180 652 moveto
       dup /JNV known {JNV show} if

/BannerFont-ISOLatin1 findfont 18 scalefont setfont
currentdict
       180 634 moveto
       dup /DV known {DV show} if

/BannerFont-ISOLatin1 findfont 18 scalefont setfont
currentdict
       180 616 moveto
       dup /JCV known {JCV show} if

/R {
   rmoveto dup 0 rlineto dup 0 exch rlineto neg 0 rlineto closepath setgray fill
   } bind def

/dupxy {dup 3 -1 roll dup 4 1 roll exch} def

/XDARK .94 def
/XLIGHT 1 def

/X {
    0 0 dupxy moveto
    .9 .9 scale
    132     0      rlineto
      0    24      rlineto
    -24     0      rlineto

    -24 0  -27 9  -9 30 rcurveto

    76  106 rlineto
    92 -136 rlineto
    -42 0 rlineto
    0 -24 rlineto
    175 0 rlineto
    0 24 rlineto
    -33 0 rlineto

    -228 333 rlineto
    36 0 rlineto
    0 24 rlineto
    -172 0 rlineto
    0 -24 rlineto
    36 0 rlineto
    122 -179 rlineto
    -89 -123 rlineto
    -12 -18 -45 -32 -72 -31 rcurveto
    closepath
    XDARK setgray
    fill

    dupxy moveto
XLIGHT 30 175   231 R
    dupxy moveto
XLIGHT 30 205   201   R % +30 -30
    dupxy moveto
XLIGHT 30 235   201   R %

    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 205   231   R % +0 +30

    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 265   261   R % +60 +30
    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 265   291   R % +0 +30
    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 235   291   R % -30 +0

    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 295  321  R % +60 +30
    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 265  351   R % -30 +30
    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 325  351   R % +60 +0
    dupxy moveto
XDARK 30 355  351  R % +30 +0

} def
gsave
<< /HalftoneType 1
   /Frequency 22
   /Angle 90
   /SpotFunction  {180 mul cos exch 180 mul cos add 2 div}
 >> sethalftone
61 252 translate

showpage