><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

PdV> I allready found the problem. The problem is the fact that the
PdV> fixed font is not found. This is because all my pcf fonts are
PdV> gzipped by default. For some reason fontconfig doesn't recognize
PdV> them in this case. I will check whether I can come up with some
PdV> patch for this.

The problem is indeed at the FreeType level.  When I have some time,
I'll implement a decompressing filter for FreeType.  It will use
petabytes of memory, but will provide a short-term solution for people
with petabytes of memory.

The long-term solution is to dump the PCF format.  This won't happen
in time for 4.3.0.  (Not to imply that the former will.)

                                        Juliusz