"Ken Deeter (Kentarou Shinohara)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to disable anti-aliasing and use
> embedded bitmaps for japanese fonts and for font sizes 8-14.
>
> How does one specify this in the ~/fonts.conf file?

Not directly an answer to your question, but the Red Hat 8
fontconfig package contains a support non-standard boolean
value "rh_prefer_bitmaps" that can be used to control whether
when embedded bitmaps are present they'll be used even
when antialiasing is enabled.

I didn't manage to convince Keith that this was generally
useful....

Regards,
                                        Owen