I tried setting the PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = PCL
and then sending the output to the printer but the printer printed the same old
junk characters it was doing earlier
Here is my piece of code:
>>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("\\\\Melstar\\Melprn");
  fos.write("\033%-12345X@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = PCL\r\n".getBytes());
  Driver driver = new Driver();
  driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PCL);
  driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping");
  driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping");
  driver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping");
  driver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping");
  driver.setOutputStream(fos);
  driver.buildFOTree(parser, new InputSource(args[0]));
  driver.format();
  driver.render();
  fos.write("\033%-12345X@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT\r\n".getBytes());
  fos.close();

I used the jdk 1.4 beta which has much better printing support than it's
predecessors and used it's
new java printing service API to query my printer. Whichever way I query my
printer it always tells
me that the supported file format to print is gif, jpeg and png.
If I try to set the DocFlavor as POSTSCRIPT or PDF it throws me an exception.
I hitting a dead end it seems.

Thanks,
Hitesh