Your question is a little underspecified ...

if you want to distinguish odd and even pages, the page master conditionnal part is for you (see the page master fo definition : chapter 6.4.11 http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_conditional-page-master-reference). I think you may handle more than just odd-even with this. Use this with different header section...

Don't think about using some predicate considering the page number, xsl fo and fop are loosely coupled, it is meant to be that way. So it forbids the user to use the internal page number programaticaly (some FO processor provide extension to do this, fop does not).

if your need is more complex and you have some magic formula to guess wich page is affected, conditionnal master-page may be to low level ...

Good luck.