Dear list,

After sepnding some days wrestling with various graphics tools in linux
in an attempt to make html that looked like the standard apache
documentation, I finally surrendered and made do with CSS to create a
facsimile that should be sufficient for this list.  It works with a
recent Mozilla build, and should probably work with IE5.something.

I have made some notes and some semi-UML diagrams to illustrate the
approach I have been taking to the implementation of properties.  These
can be found at
<http://home.iprimus.com.au/pbwest/xml-fop/docs/html-docs/design/properties-new.html>.
 lease let me know if there is some easy way to get full conformance
with the Apache XML norm, or if there are severe problems viewing these
pages with modern browsers.