Keiron or Karen,

I have a quick question. This is mostly because I am unfamiliar with the
code. As it stands right now org.apache.fop.area.inline.ImageArea does not
look like something that the layout process can use; it also doesn't look
like something that the renderer can use because it supplies only a URL
reference, not any extra information as to what changes (e.g. scaling) may
have taken place.

So is it the case that org.apache.fop.image.AbstractFopImage (or something
like it) is the primary object to be used in layout? And I'm thinking that if
this is the case, that the ImageArea class should not have a reference to a
URL, but rather to the AbstractFopImage.

Am I missing something here? I am going to continue on with research - I have
plenty of serious reading and code review ahead of me, I can see. I wanted to
ask about _this_ to maybe speed things up with image handling.

Regards,
Arved