Hi,

(Remark : This is a XSL issue, nothing particular with XSL FO nor FOP. :)

you can simply use some other template (usually they use some "toc" named
template) to generate your table of content using the same nodes. This wat,
you can use the same xsl:generate-id function to generate the same internal
created id here.

If you need more explanation, here is some sample code in the antennahouse
fo tutorial here (http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm) even
if it is more complicated than your basic need.

Cyril