Thanx for your answer but I´ve already studied these examples.. I tried it
again and it simply doesn`t work..
what I want to know is how can I refer to the genrated page-numbers in
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id=""/>???

I have tried it like described by Antenna House:

the headline of each article is placed in a <fo:block id="{generate-id()}>

in the table of content I used
<xsl:for-each select="//headline">
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{generate-id()}"/>

like Antenna House
but the function in ref-id generates completely NEW ids which surely don`t
match with the ones generated in fo:block..
Is there any possibility to write something like <fo:page-number-citation
ref-id="@id"/> ?? Any possibility to write an xsl-command in the ref-id, like
<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="<xsl:value-of select="..."/>"/> ????
I know that it can`t work that way but maybe you understand my problem and
know something similar I could use...

Thank you a lot :)
Marion

http://www.gmx.net