On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 17:37, Peter B. West wrote:
> May I make so bold as to intrude on what is clearly a private
> conversation?  Comments below.

Shhh.. don't let anyone know :)

> I don't want these things now.  But neither do I want A solution that
> places severe limitations on the possibility of development in the area
> of layout refinement.  We have A solution that does that.  The only way
> to achieve that is to think about these issues now, and try to come up
> with software models that leave possibilities open, rather than closing
> them off.

This is the most important thing. When I said I want A solution I did
mean one that is going in the right direction.
If all we can do is keep talking about all the various problems then we
will never get anywhere. I am past the thinking stage and want the basis
of an implementation so that the problems can be tackled from a
position.

> Not drowning, waving.
I'm having trouble remembering any songs.

Keiron.