Hello dear Venu,

Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2002 20:28 schrieb Venu Reddy:
> Hi,
> What is the current status of this performance tuning.
> Have the code changes been submitted and performance benefits
> verified. I really could use some speed improvements with fop,
> I have some very large reports 400/500 pages that are taking
> 5+ minutes to run.

I don't know wether you already discussed this:
If you create indices, tocs and other page references, you might want to
create them seperately and instead run fop several times on the same document
(often fop is run repeatedly anyway), do it the way TeX does it. This might
also speed up things a little.

Anyway, I create student guides for courses here, they also tend to be big,
the same size as your docs. Usually it takes about 30-90 seconds to fop them
or less (Laptop, Athlon XP 1600+).

Bye
--
ITCQIS GmbH