I've been following this list for a few weeks now, but I'm still unclear as
to the current status of the re-design efforts.  The FOP Web site's "status"
page hasn't been updated since June, apparently, when the estimate of being
35% done was issued.

        Anyone want to take a stab at saying where things stand now.  Is NewFOP
able to generate any PDF files?  Is there a set of formatting objects and
properties that are known to work/sort of work/not work?

        Thank you.

Patrick Rusk

P.S.  Last night I was up at 3:30 AM EST (US) when FOP emails started flying
back and forth.  I thought, "Wow! These guys are really commiteed to all be
working this late."  Until I realized most of you are from Europe or
Australia.