Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
Peter B. West wrote:

I like pull parsing model in general, but how do you manage with not such strict content model as fo:root have, e.g. fo:block with (#PCDATA|%inline;|%block;)* ?

How about:

    FoXMLEvent ev = expectStartElement
        (FObjectSets.normalPcdataBlockInlineSet,
                                       XMLEvent.RETAIN_W_SPACE);

Looks not bad, but what about future extensions? Does it mean we will have to change this code every time new extension element or property is defined?

Oleg,

That depends. If it is just a matter of extra elements, they can go into FObjectSets.normalPcdataBlockInlineSet, or one of the sets that comprise it. In some cases, new sets and new access functions will have to be defined, but they will be modelled on existing ones.

Extension elements, as such, have an unpredictable semantic component anyway.

Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"