On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:54:03PM +0100, Keiron Liddle wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 16:16, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > Yes.  There is nothing wrong with FOP grabbing the latest DTDs from
> > Forrest and including them locally.  That is effectively what users of
> > Forrest binary distributions do; they're using an old snapshot of the
> > DTDs.
>
> The problems at the moment I think are with versioning and what might
> happen in the future. This would require updating with external changes
> rather than relying on the external directly.
>
> How stable etc. are things?

No DTD changes for the last 2 months.

AFAIK, forrest-dev is completely lacking in bearded SGML gurus.  So far,
we have treated DTD versioning like code versioning: increment the
version on large or backwards-incompatible changes.  I have no idea if
this is adequate in practice, or if we must create a new DTD with every
minor edit.

<snip: using Ant for validation>

> I have a question. Why does the compliance.html work for the forrestbot
> but not on my machine.
> I get the error:
> Failed to create InputSource:
> file://<valid_path>/xml-fop/src/documentation/resources/schema/dtd/compliance-v10.dtd
>
> The file exists in that location (yes I have checked). So why can it not
> find the dtd. Is there a "/" missing or something like that. The
> "file:/" prepends a valid unix path.

Hmm.  I get the same message, but build/site/compliance.html renders
fine.  I presume it does on your box too?

As for the forrestbot, possibly the script is only logging stdout, not
stderr.  I'll look into it.

--Jeff