Arved Sandstrom wrote:
They are not connected concepts, Mark. I originally put in the code for
lineage pairs, and also started the implementation for markers. So I can
assure you that they are completely unrelated. For what it's worth,
subsequent contributors have significantly improved on marker support, so I
am only commenting from the viewpoint of my knowledge of the spec.

I made a few comments in my reply to Joerg. I have a degree in physics, and
most of a Masters in physical oceanography. I see considerable mathematical
anarchy in the XSL spec, some degree of mathematical naivete, and lots of
confusion. My forte is not logic, based on my background, but even a physics
guy can dissect the pseudo-logic in that spec. I think plenty of other
people have also separated the wheat from the chaff as far as that document
is concerned...I think we are due for a rewrite, with lots of the
pretentious math excised, and replaced with plain language.

Arved,

Hear, hear. Arved, have you told the editors this directly? If not, please do.

--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"