Arved Sandstrom wrote at 24 Feb 2003 08:01:40 -0400:
 > Comments below.

It's not just areas.  fo:wrapper 'does not generate any areas', but
also 'may always have a sequence of zero or more fo:markers as its
initial children.'

 > The thing that bugs me is, when there is no qualifying area in the
 > "containing page" (Note to spec editors: try saying currently-formatted
 > page), after filtering, then it becomes anarchy. It seems like user

I wasn't there when the spec was written, but it seems to me that
'currently-formatted page' presupposes making pages on the fly and
doesn't quite describe pages that are unbounded in one or both
directions (i.e. where there is only ever one page) and also doesn't
describe the possible processing model of making all the pages from
the fo:flow and then going back and fixing up the static content.

Regards,

Tony Graham