Patrick C. Lankswert wrote:
Add jce-jdk13-118.jar (for 1.3.x) to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext and add
security.provider.6=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\java.security in the appropriate section.
This should work. This is how it is done to support any implementation.

Thank you, I already discovered this myself last night. It was just that shutting down the work environment in order to re-login as Administrator for changing java.security at 2:10am isn't worth it, so I decided to go to bed.

Now everything runs well and is already committed to the maintenance
branch, I'll update the docs and HEAD later.

IF you would like it HARD CODED to bouncy castle's implementation which does
not require the java.security changes,
It's probably a bad idea to tie FOP to a specific provider. In
particular as Mozilla also has an Open Source implementation,
which is perhaps even faster due to native code (anybody ready
to try it?)

J.Pietschmann