> Hi,
>
> I'm new to FOP, just joined the mailing list and I'm not sure what
> exactly is going on so I'd *really* appreciate it if someone could
> explain how to build FOP from the latest src (if it is even possible).
> I've been unable to build FOP from the src archive as of 3/11. A couple
> of the error messages I get are:

I just did a build and it seems fine.
The problem appears to be the version of batik that you have in the classpath.
The batik javadocs you are refering to below are from june and are probably
outdated.
Make sure you are using the version of batik from cvs and there is no other batik
in the classpath.