Damn, you're right. I wonder why we haven't made use of this, yet. BTW,
is this code from JAI (like the classes Oleg Tkachenko uses in his TIFF
renderer) or is this separately developed code (ASF origin)?

You know that there's a number of people who would actually be
interested in creating/having a BSD-style image (codec) library? I think
that should be one of the packages that should be separated out, when
FOP and Batik get closer together.

On 24.01.2004 12:21:48 Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>     It is certainly true that javax.imageio is the direction
> to go in the future.
>
>     However, It is probably worth pointing out that you already
> include a PNG encoder/decoder with the FOP distribution,
> from Batik!
>
>       org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.PNGImageEncoder
>       org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.PNGImageDecoder
>

>     Let me know if you want/need more info (including pointers
> to where FOP does the image loading would be helpful as well).

Jeremias Maerki