Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I got another one. Probably a Xerces version problem. No good idea for
both problems, I'm afraid.

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or
change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
        at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.checkDOMNSErr(Unknown Source)

I guess you add an attribute with a QName prefix which isn't declared. In DOM, the xmlns:<prefix> are indeed attributes and must be added to the scope before createAttributeNS is called. I've been bitten by this too, although I remember another wording of the error.