On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 04:00:26PM -0800, Glen Mazza wrote:
> In general, yes, but not as 100%.  We had this debate
> for months, with Victor holding fast to your view on
> the issue.  We've done more spec research since then
> (I encourage you to read the parts of the spec I
> indicated in my posting) which support the view of
> Alt-Design (and probably still HEAD), that FOT & AT
> interact with each other and can't be separated, and
> for performance reasons, shouldn't be either.

I agree with you that the spec demands a close interaction of FOT &
AT. I interpret that mainly in terms of the process, which switches
between building the FO tree and building the area tree. It does not
necessarily mean that information should flow in both directions.

Regards,
Simon Pepping

--
Simon Pepping