So far, I've met Bertrand and Jörg. No surprise as they live within about
120km of my place. :-) It's really interesting what difference it makes
to have someone directly in front of you. Too bad, Skype still doesn't
have video conferencing support. Anyone already using a video conference
application? Hardware and bandwidth available here. That would be a good
work-around until we have cheap hypersonic travel. Still hoping for
"beaming" to become available....

On 10.07.2004 15:59:09 Peter B. West wrote:
> Foplings,
>
> On Monday last, the 5th, Jenni and I met Bertrand for coffee at Mt
> Coot-tha, one of the surface irregularities of Brisbane dignified with
> the name Mountain.  It does, however, offer a wonderful view of much of
> the city and surrounds.  Bertrand and family were preparing to depart
> for a drive up the coast to Cairns, with spot of whale-watching at
> Hervey Bay.
>
> It was peculiarly exciting to meet face-to-face one of my FOP
> colleagues, and underlines what a strange work environment we inhabit.
> Here's to good, cheap hypersonic travel.
>
> http://www.mech.uq.edu.au/hyper/hyshot/

Jeremias Maerki