The Web Maestro wrote:

On Aug 1, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:

I don't think adding/removing releases from the compliance page is something we plan on doing frequently. A side by side comparsion is only required now because the Trunk code is a complete re-write.

Once the trunk code has stablized and its being used in production, everything relating to the maintanance branch can probably be removed from the website. When further releases are made from the Trunk, it will simply be a matter of updating the compliance page to reflect what the latest release supports.

Chris

Actually, I think we'll probably leave the 0.20.5 release online (although, we haven't discussed this yet). One thing about 0.20.5 and previous versions is that, presumably, they support more systems than the one about to be released. IIRC, 0.9/1.0dev will require Java 1.4 or 1.5, neither of which are supported by AIX 4.1 (JRE 1.3 max). For this reason, it makes sense (to me) to at least maintain a comparison page (if we don't leave that maintenance-branch info on the FOP Compliance Page).

Clay - 0.9pr will support JDK 1.3. I have long been arguging the need to maintain support for it. I believe Jeremias applied a patch recently to fix the issues with building 0.9pr on 1.3. So it should be okay now?

So I don't think 0.20.5 will have any advantage once 0.9 has become stable. Hence why I think we should stop promoting it once 0.9 is thorouhly tested and in production.

Chris