On Sep 2, 2005, at 18:42, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Hi Vincent,

You're right. Indeed both situations below are handled by the standard, thanks to border conditionality and is-first/is-last traits.

Thanks for the pointer!

You're welcome, of course.

I have to correct myself on the following, though:

By default, the first would be applicable. If the user explicitly specifies border-start-width.conditional="discard", the result would have to be the second.

Re-reading the Rec, I believe it should be the other way round: if the border-width is specified as a length, the conditionality is set to "discard" by default.

So, the first of the two would need explicit:
border-start-width.conditionality="retain"
border-end-width.conditionality="retain"

Cheers,