On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:14 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Author: lfurini
> Date: Tue Oct 25 08:14:10 2005
> New Revision: 328381

> Log:
> Fix for bug 36238 (at least in the PDFRenderer)
>
> The text is split into WordAreas and SpaceAreas: the latters (when
> the font is multibyte) are not affected by the Tw operator, so they
> are shifted in the inline progression dimension instead.
>
> The behaviour of the other renderers should be the same as before
> this change.

Luca,

I have a question on this. You break in TextArea the text into words
based on CharUtilities.isAnySpace. Is this guaranteed to be consistent
with the breaking and adjustment calculations in TextLayoutManager? I
am concerned we may be using different rules for word breaking in
different places. Somehow it doesn't feel right to me that
TextLayoutManager does all the breaking and calculations and then we
give the whole chunk to TextArea and it breaks it again using a
possibly different algorithm but still using the adjustment value
calculated by TextLayoutManager.

May be I am too picky here or misunderstand something - sorry.

Cheers

Manuel