Well, it's all relative. :-) Moving to a different internal
representation/handling of keep values inside the layout managers is
probably the largest and most pervasive task in all this, one that I
currently don't see a way around if we want to have "relaxed" keeps. I
just want to make sure we use a representation that will also cover
later improvements such as keep-*.within-page. But I still have not
investigated how this latter feature would have to be implemented. Of
course, we can also just do it XP-style and just cater for the problem
at hand. Note, this is all very unrelated to your concrete proposal. I'm
talking about the topic as a whole.