On 10/11/06, Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...the goal should be that we
don't rely on those XML files much longer, so I wonder how much should
be invested in versioning of those files...

Agreed - versioning is easy though, if I need to make the suggested
changes I'll probably implement it just to be safe, before going to
direct reading of the font files.

... I still don't understand why exactly this change is
necessary....

The layout code definitely expects unicode indexes for the kerning
values, so something's wrong currently. I'll see how mapping on the
other side (i.e. when reading the metrics xml file) looks, as it would
avoid having to modify the metrics xml files.

-Bertrand