Me, too. In that case, I'd prefer not to place the generated sources
under the build directory since this is, for me, strictly a temporary,
build-related directory.

However, a quick glance indicates that the data files are distributed
under a very liberal license [1] which would allow us to put them in our
codebase allowing code generation like we do for code points and fonts.
Of course, we have to take a closer inspection here.

[1] http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html