Hi Andreas,

My 2 cents on this, as I have a rather limited understanding of this area.

Andreas L Delmelle a écrit :
<snip/>
> org.apache.fop.fonts.Font contains a fontSize member. I would like to
> see this separated from the Font instance somehow. Instead of fetching a
> Font corresponding to given triplet and font-size, we would get one
> corresponding to the triplet. In the Font-methods that use the
> font-size, I would then add an int parameter, so the font-size can be
> passed in by the caller.
>
> No idea if this makes sense, or what the initial motivation was to embed
> the font-size in the Font instance. If there's a good reason, please
> enlighten me...

The font may depend on the desired size. For example, bitmap fonts have
different instances for each size. IIC there's something like that in AFP.

Also, some high-quality font families have several fonts for different
sizes: one font for headers, with narrower glyphs, one regular font for
the body, one for footnotes with wider glyphs, etc.

I don't know if that has some connection to your problem, but maybe it's
worth keeping that in mind.

<snip/>

HTH,