Hi Clay,

The Web Maestro a écrit :
> On 7/31/07, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>
> I've committed my changes, so the site should be re-factored. There is
> likely a bunch of content in the '0.94' realm that needs updating so
> it's more relevant to the current release. In addition, there may be
> some pages, which will need some attention (like
> 'branches/fop-0_94/build/site/0.94/releaseNotes_0.94.html',
> 'branches/fop-0_94/build/site/0.94/changes_0.94.html' and
> 'branches/fop-0_94/build/site/0.94/knownissues_overview.html').

That sounds great, thanks! I’ll have a closer look on the WE and
complete if necessary.

>> As I said I already did it, but if you wanna double-check all the
>> better. Also, one thing that would be great if you could have a look at,
>> is improving the stylesheet a bit. For example the main content is set
>> to be displayed at 80% of its size. That should really not be the case
>> as the setting for the main text's size should be left to the user's
>> choice (I'm ok with reducing the size of e.g. the menu, however). I'm
>> not really sure where to change that as the CSS stylesheets seem to
>> directly come from the Forrest distribution.
>
> I haven't had a chance to work on the font-size yet, but here're a
> couple of links to get started on it if I can't get to it in time:
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#skins
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/skin-package.html
>
> FWIW, I tried modifying the
> 'branches/fop-0_94/src/documentation/skinconf.xml' file, but it didn't
> work. I added the 'p, td, li' declaration to adjust it and make it
> larger. I didn't commit my change.

Thanks for the pointers. By adding the following in skinconf.xml:
    #content { font-size: 100% }
I managed to get normal size for the main text. I didn’t commit the
change because I wasn’t sure this was the right place to do that.

Strangely enough when I run Forrest on my local copy I get different
(smaller) font sizes than on the website for all the other elements but
the main text (without the above change). The screen.css style sheets
are exactly the same though. I wonder what might be happening?

> Here are a few locations for the Forrest skin files if you want to
> modify them (although the CSS change may be overwritten if someone
> else changes it (hence it'd be better to find a 'skinconf.xml'
> solution):
>
> apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/skins/pelt/css/profile.css.xslt
> fop/trunk/build/site/skin/profile.css
> fop/trunk/build/site/skin/profile.css.xslt
>
> However, I think it's somewhat of a 'moot' point, as in the upper
> right of the page, there are increase and decrease font-size widget
> buttons, and the settings appear to follow you from page to page...

Still, the user shouldn’t have to do anything to retrieve their favorite
text size. That’s a basic accessibility rule IMHO.
Moreover, I don’t get any font-size widget button, again both on my
local copy and the website!? FWIW I’m using the Trunk of the 0.7 branch.

<snip/>