On Oct 16, 2007, at 18:32, Manuel Mall wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Author: jeremias
Date: Tue Oct 16 08:12:45 2007
New Revision: 585167

Log:
Bugfix: If auto-detection is enabled, auto-detection didn't
get done starting with the second rendering run in the same
JVM. Static variables are dangerous!

Hi Jeremias,

auto detecting the Fonts is a very expensive operation. I'm
not sure I
want it to happen everytime I create an instance of a
Renderer object.
<snip />
I agree with Chris' comment here as I use fop in a heavy multi- threaded
server app and I certainly would not like the performance hit of font
detection for each rendering run.

I agree as well, with both points. Jeremias is very right to be concerned about statics. Maybe a Singleton tied to the FopFactory could ease the pains here: no statics, and yet only initialized once. Add a utility method to the FopFactory if we really need the possibility to refresh.

Cheers