Follow-up issues for after the merge where I'd be glad for feedback:

- The new implementations currently all use a MIME suffix ";mode=painter".
They are now sufficiently tested that I'm confident that we can switch
over to them by default. One idea would be to put a switch in
RendererFactory so we can say: prefer IFDocumentHandler instead of
Renderer implementation. Or rather the opposite: by default use the
IFDocumentHandler but allow to switch to the old mode should there be an
unexpected incompatibility. Good idea or bad?

- Given the performance figures I think it would be possible to
deprecate the following implementations: PDF, PS, PCL and AFP. As for
the Java2D implementations: the PNG, Print and AWT Preview parts are not
implemented, yet, so a deprecation here is premature. TXT is probably
good enough like it is. No change necessary there. After all, we won't
deprecate the Renderer interface itself. Good idea or bad?

- A note primarily for Max: For JEuclid to work with the new
implementations, it will require an ImageConverter implementation (from
XML Graphics Commons' image loading framework). I haven't investigated
how hard it would be to provide a compatibility layer so the old
implementations could be used. The old stuff is in many parts tied into
the Renderer architecture. For Barcode4J, I've written such an
implementation already. I can also try to find time to do it for you, if
you like. The good thing is that the ImageConverter implementation is
not FOP-specific but can also be used by anyone using the image loading
framework. Actually, that part might influence the decision for the
first and second points above!