Hi Jeremias,

> I've also made performance measurements as part of this effort which
> highlights why it was done in the first place:
> http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/fop/benchmark-2009-02-13/

I'm probably missing something important here, but regarding the first graph:

Isn't "direct" what ordinary users of fop do? Take a fo-file and then render
it?
Isn't "direct-via-if" what ordinary users of fop will do in the future, if IF
is the default?
Isn't the work done in "direct-via-if" the sum of the work done in "to-if" and
"from-if"?

And, if all the above answers are yes, why is the performance gain noticed in
"from-if" not more obviously related to the performance gain in
"direct-via-if"?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------