*g* Only now do I understand what triggered your post. By accident, I've
stumbled over the empty org/apache/fop/render/afp/AFPEventProducer.xml.
I missed the "/render/" part and only looked at the one in the "afp"
package. When AFPEventProducer got moved, the build.xml wasn't updated.
This is fixed now: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=749272&view=rev

Sometimes I'm a little slow...