Adrian Cumiskey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Maybe its time we moved to 1.5 like the rest of the world.  Max, Vincent
> and Andreas, myself and others were all in favour of the switch in June
> 2008 (see http://www.nabble.com/Switching-to-Java-1.5-td17673100.html).
> Sun's end of life transition period for 1.4 ended on October 30th,
> 2008.  I personally think we can now safely retroweave to 1.4.

+1

Although we don’t even need to discuss that in the context of Simon’s
change, IMO. Like the comment says in the build.xml file, the task
doesn’t need to be run at every build. So 1.4 compatibility still is
available.

OTOH, the new UnicodeClasses class has quite a few checkstyle warnings
that it would be good if they were fixed.

Also, I have concerns about putting the generated classes.xml file
inside the src/java directory. I’d rather not mix generated files with
manually edited ones. What about a new hyphenation directory in
src/codegen?

Thanks,
Vincent